Friday, March 12, 2010

Abbreviated.

I was just going through my posts and noticed there are several drafts I started but never finished. Things with such tantalizing titles as End of a Summer Which Never Began, Life Like a Movie and Movies That Should Have Had Sequels. And as much as I would love to find something of substance beneath the titles, it's not there. Just like all my published posts!

But I shall not despair! One of these days the drought will end, and I'll discover all over again that I'm a writer. Or, at least, that I want to become one. Because I'm not yet ready to give up on the dreams of the five-year-old I once was.

6 comments:

Never Too Busy said...

I know the feeling. I have several drafts that are just one sentence long, or contain a couple key points I wanted to talk about but never got around to. I should get on those.

Dorrie said...

same with me, only my drafts never left my head... not even so much as a title.

Simon Butler said...

If it’s any comfort, you are not alone. I was always better with the vision than the reality, and titles were my forte.

Actually, ‘Titles were my forte’… there could be a story in that…

Urban Cynic said...

Maybe we should set you topics & you have to write about that - we can schedule your week ahead.

I'll start - your choice of subject matters for today (should you chose to accept them) are at least 3 paragraphs on either:
1) what your favourite childhood memory was.
2) your worst ever fashion mistake.
3) who taught you to cook & what your favourite things to cook are.

I am more than happy to give you a subject for each day in fact, because I am nosy.

MauritaMason said...

NTB, great to have company. Get busy!

Dorrie, did your problem coincide with the death of Journalspace? Mine did.

Simon, yes! I can see the possibilities! Just type the title in the little box, and see what happens.

UC, brilliant. I'm glad you are nosy. If you would be willing to tweet me a topic every day, I'll do my best.

Urban Cynic said...

You're on!